Welcome to another Wacky Wednesday project – fairy castles and wands.
The sweet little fairy houses are for the indoor fairy.
Made from cardboard rolls and felt, they will not cope with outside weather but put a little tea light battery candle inside and you have the sweetest night light.
What I love about the wands in this project is that they are made using sticks, so have an extra whimsical feel to them.
LET’S GET STARTED
INDOOR FAIRY CASTLES
- Cardboard rolls
- Box cutters
- Artificial flowers
- Tiny artificial flowers, gemstones and glitter, for decorating
- Tea light battery candles
- Place the cardboard roll on the felt and roll until there is just a small overlap.
- Mark this with a pen and then cut the felt to fit the roll.
- Holding the felt around the roll, draw windows and doors with a pen.
- Use the scissors to cut these out and then cover the roll with the felt again and mark the windows and door on the roll.
- Use scissors and box cutters to cut holes for the windows and door.
- Cover the entire roll with glue and then the felt – matching the window/door holes on the felt to the ones on the roll.
- Cut the flower stem until it is 6 – 8 cm long, then bend in toward the bottom of the flower.
- Glue the flower upside down onto the top of the cardboard roll.
- Decorate with flowers and glitter, add a battery operated candle and enjoy.
- Stick – between 20 and 30 cm long
- Ribbon Scraps
- Wire – thin enough it is easy to bend
- Assorted beads with the holes large enough for the wire to go through.
- Craft glue.
- Cut a length of wire about 40 cm long.
- Add beads to the wire, leaving a 10 cm space on each end.
- Wind the wire ends tightly together.
- Opposite the join, push the wire inwards to form a heart shape.
- Twist the joined wire ends around the tip of the stick.
- Secure with craft glue and cover with ribbon scrap.
- Add more ribbon and beads near the top of the stick, under the beaded heart, if you choose.
Enjoy the magic!
I hope you enjoyed these projects. If you did, be sure and share.
Visit my Pinterest board for more wonderfully fun fairy projects.
Happy crafting and have a gleeful week, Tamuria.