Welcome to another Wacky Wednesday project – easy to make mummies and monsters for Halloween.
These fun crafts are the perfect way to help your little ones get into the spirit of Halloween.
The mummies are so easy even the three-year-old Goddess enjoyed the fun.
Who doesn’t like making scary monster faces? This one is made out of a tissue box. Watch out when you put your hand in his big mouth – you may just end up with a handful of treats!
The creepy candle holder takes a bit more skill, but the kids can still help with the glueing.
MUMMIES AND MONSTERS FOR HALLOWEEN
- Plaster bandage
- Googly eyes
- Bowl of water
- Scrunch the foil to make a body and head shape.
- Roll two more pieces of foil to form arms and legs and twist them around the body.
- Cut lengths of the plaster wrap to around 5 cm wide.
- Dip a strip into the water and gently squeeze out the excess. TIP: Do this quickly and try not to saturate the wrap too much or it will lose its ‘bandage’ look when dry.
- Wind the plastic wrap around the foil body in a crisscross shape to ensure the arms and legs are held in place.
- Starting from the head, continue dipping, squeezing and winding the plaster wrap around the foil body until it is covered.
- When dry, glue on some googly eyes.
- Tissue box
- Paper scraps
- Paint the tissue box the scary colour of your choice
- Cut the plastic away from the opening.
- Use the glue and scissors to add eyes, teeth, hair and other features.
- Place lollies in the bottom of the box and have kids reach inside the monster’s mouth to retrieve them.
SPOOKY CANDLE HOLDER
- Glass jar
- Black cardboard
- Tissue paper
- Wrap the black cardboard around the jar to measure the width and height you will need and cut to size.
- Draw a spooky picture on the card. If you choose to do a scary tree or monster, be sure and cut out eye holes, and cut out windows for scary houses as it adds to the eerie look.
- When you are happy with the picture, glue the cardboard onto the outside of the jar.
- Wrap a piece of tissue paper around the jar to determine the size you will need and cut accordingly.
- Cover the jar and the cardboard picture in glue and carefully attach the tissue paper so it is covering the entire jar.
- Place a candle inside the jar.
Happy crafting and have a gleeful week, Tamuria