Welcome to another Wacky Workshops – this week’s projects are to celebrate Mother’s Day with an amazing 3D card and an easy peasy magnetic frame.
It’s sometimes difficult to come up with something a bit different to give your mother, but these homemade cards could be just the thing.
The ideas for the picture are limitless – a couple of photographs, some children’s artwork, some fancy writing – it’s up to you.
AMAZING 3D CARD
LET’S GET STARTED
- Two pictures or word art messages – A4 size works well but you can experiment, as long as both pieces of paper are the same size.
- Large piece of cardboard
- Fold each picture in half, so that the long ends meet.
- Then, fold each half in half so that the long ends meet.
- Use the fold lines as cut guides and cut each of your pictures into four strips – try not to mess up the order.
- Glue strip one of image one on to the cardboard.
- Glue strip one of image two onto the cardboard right up against the first strip.
- Repeat the process, alternating the pictures until you have used all the strips. NB: If you have blank strips, as I did for the word art card, you can choose to discard them.
- Once you have glued all the strips on, accordion fold the cardboard around the pictures.
Note from one angle you will see the first picture with a 3D effect and from the other side, you will see the second picture.
EASY PEASY MAGNETIC FRAME
- 2 timber strips
- 4 magnets
- Paint or varnish
- String – optional. You can also use blue tac and attach directly to the wall.
- Paint or varnish your wood.
- Glue two magnets to each piece, lining them up so they are in the same position on each piece of wood.
- Tie the string to one piece of wood – this will be the back piece.
- Place your picture, artwork etc on this piece of wood so that the top of the picture lines up with the top of the wood strip.
- Put a second wood strip on top, magnets facing down so they attach to the magnets on the back piece.
Whenever you want to replace the picture, it’s a simple matter of pulling the wood strips apart.
See How To Make Mum Smile With These Pretty Picture Planters here. Also be sure and check out my Grand Mother’s Day board on Pinterest.
Happy crafting and have a gleeful week, Tamuria.