Welcome to another Wacky Workshops project, making a good little dinosaur.
If you read my post, How to Create Your Own Happy Ending, you will understand what inspired this craft.
As usual, most of the materials are things you will find around the house and you can get as creative as you like with the scenery ‘play mat’.
MAKE A GOOD LITTLE DINOSAUR
- Cardboard base (for play mat)
- Blue paper
- Green paint
- 5 x cardboard rolls
- Pipe cleaners
- Wooden bead
- Googly eyes – one pair large, one pair small
- 2 x paper plates
- Paint 2/3 of the cardboard base green (for the grass).
- Prepare the dinosaur’s friend, named Spot in the movie, by cutting a body shape out of the remaining toilet roll as per the picture.
- Add pipe cleaner arms and staple the top of each side of the roll together.
- Glue on the wooden bead for the head and add facial features.
- Use a pipe cleaner to make hair.
- Rip strips of the blue paper and glue them to the remaining 1/3 of the cardboard base to represent the river – a major theme in the movie.
- You can make a little tepee, as the little dinosaur did in the movie, by taping three paddle pop sticks together.
- Fold one plate in half.
- Cut out a long neck and head shape, as well as a long tail, from the other plate and attach them to either end of the folded plate ‘body’, with glue or a stapler.
- Arrange the four rolls as legs for the dinosaur and mark where their edges touch the plate.
- Cut small slits in the folded plate where you have marked and slide the body into the toilet rolls.
- Paint the whole thing green. NOTE: It’s a good idea to support the head on something while the paint is drying so that the dinosaur’s head will stay up.
- Glue on the googly eyes.
Happy crafting and have a gleeful week, Tamuria.