Welcome to another Wacky Workshops project, Valentine’s Day crafts.
These projects include the cutest bracelet, a kiss flip book, and some wonderful string art.
VALENTINE’S DAY BLING, BOOK AND ART – LOVE BRACELET
This one is ridiculously easy and I get so many compliments when I wear mine.
- Wire cutters/pliers
- Cut a length of wire, more than you need to comfortably fit around your wrist. I started with a length about 25 cm.
- Use the pliers to help you bend one end of the wire into a heart shape.
- Wrap the wire around your wrist so you can cut off any excess length then use the pliers to make a little twirl on the other end, facing away from your hand.
That’s it – so easy and yet so adorable.
VALENTINE’S DAY BLING, BOOK AND ART – KISS FLIPBOOK
One of the Goddesses and I made this little book for her dad for Father’s Day. It was a big hit and it’s super easy.
- Model – if you are featuring yourself in the book, get someone to take a few pictures of you blowing a kiss.
- Graphic design software – I use Canva. It’s free and so easy to use.
- Thin cardboard
- Find a picture you like of the kiss blowing model and upload it to the image site you are using.
- All the sites are a little different so I’ll tell you how I did it in Canva.
- Open Canva and choose the image design size you want.
- Upload your picture (using the ‘upload’ button) and drag it into the window.
- In Canva, you can search for special elements. Type ‘heart’ in the search bar and a large choice of images will appear. Some have a price tag but many are free.
- Choose the heart of your choice and drag it on top of your picture, near the mouth. NOTE: It’s easy to resize the pictures as you choose using the little arrows.
- Download the picture as PDF – Print.
- Drag the original picture back into the window.
- Search for heart again and this time add a few hearts near the mouth, resizing as necessary.
- Download as before.
- Continue doing this until you have between six and 10 pictures, each one featuring more hearts.
- Next, design a cover for your flip kiss book. You could use a large version of the heart you featured in the other pages. You can even add text by hitting the ‘TEXT’ button.
- Find the downloaded pictures on your computer and copy them into a Word document – sizing them as you want the size of the flip book to be.
- Print the pictures.
- Cut the pictures so they are all the same size, arrange in order with the cover in front and so the first page has one heart and they keep increasing.
- Staple your book together. Done.
Please note, I just love using Canva but am not being rewarded or paid in any way for offering this advice.
VALENTINE’S DAY BLING, BOOK AND ART
– STRING ART
This one is great to do with the kids – they love it, though you’ll have to do the first few steps yourself.
- Small wooden board
- Thin nails
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Use the cookie cutter to draw a heart shape on the wood.
- Hammer the nails in along the outline of the heart so that the bottom third of the nail is in the wood and the rest is sitting up.
- Tie a piece of wool to one of the nails and let the kids weave a beautiful heart through the nails. NOTE: If they start at one nail and go to its opposite, then back and forth, they will achieve a lovely spiral effect. If they are too young to do this it doesn’t matter, the result is still charming.
I hope you enjoyed these projects. Be sure to share if you did.
For a truly LOVEly sweet treat, check out my Persian Love Cake recipe.
Follow my Grand Valentine’s Day Pinterest board for more fun projects.
Happy crafting and have a gleeful week, Tamuria.