Welcome to another Wacky Workshops project, Valentine’s Day crafts.
These projects include the cutest bracelet, a kiss flip book, and some wonderful string art.
VALENTINE’S DAY BLING, BOOK AND ART
VALENTINE’S DAY LOVE BRACELET
This one is ridiculously easy and I get so many compliments when I wear mine.
- Wire cutters/pliers
- Cut a length of wire, more than you need to comfortably fit around your wrist. I started with a length about 25 cm.
- Use the pliers to help you bend one end of the wire into a heart shape.
- Wrap the wire around your wrist so you can cut off any excess length then use the pliers to make a little twirl on the other end, facing away from your hand.
That’s it – so easy and yet so adorable.
KISS FLIP BOOK
One of the Goddesses and I made this little book for her dad for Father’s Day. It was a big hit and it’s super easy.
- Model – if you are featuring yourself in the book, get someone to take a few pictures of you blowing a kiss.
- Graphic design software – I use Canva. It’s free and so easy to use.
- Thin cardboard
- Find a picture you like of the kiss blowing model and upload it to the image site you are using.
- All the sites are a little different so I’ll tell you how I did it in Canva.
- Open Canva and choose the image design size you want.
- Upload your picture (using the ‘upload’ button) and drag it into the window.
- In Canva, you can search for special elements. Type ‘heart’ in the search bar and a large choice of images will appear. Some have a price tag but many are free.
- Choose the heart of your choice and drag it on top of your picture, near the mouth. NOTE: It’s easy to resize the pictures as you choose using the little arrows.
- Download the picture as PDF – Print.
- Drag the original picture back into the window.
- Search for heart again and this time add a few hearts near the mouth, resizing as necessary.
- Download as before.
- Continue doing this until you have between six and 10 pictures, each one featuring more hearts.
- Next, design a cover for your flip kiss book. You could use a large version of the heart you featured in the other pages. You can even add text by hitting the ‘TEXT’ button.
- Find the downloaded pictures on your computer and copy them into a Word document – sizing them as you want the size of the flip book to be.
- Print the pictures.
- Cut the pictures so they are all the same size, arrange in order with the cover in front and so the first page has one heart and they keep increasing.
- Staple your book together. Done.
Please note, I just love using Canva but am not being rewarded or paid in any way for offering this advice.
VALENTINE’S DAY STRING ART
This one is great to do with the kids – they love it, though you’ll have to do the first few steps yourself.
- Small wooden board
- Thin nails
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Use the cookie cutter to draw a heart shape on the wood.
- Hammer the nails in along the outline of the heart so that the bottom third of the nail is in the wood and the rest is sitting up.
- Tie a piece of wool to one of the nails and let the kids weave a beautiful heart through the nails. NOTE: If they start at one nail and go to its opposite, then back and forth, they will achieve a lovely spiral effect. If they are too young to do this it doesn’t matter, the result is still charming.
I hope you enjoyed these projects. Be sure to share if you did.
For a truly LOVEly sweet treat, check out my Persian Love Cake recipe.
Follow my Grand Valentine’s Day Pinterest board for more fun projects.
Happy crafting and have a gleeful week, Tamuria.