Welcome to another Wacky Workshops project – how to make your own cuddly Easter bunny.
Don’t you just love bunnies? They are so soft and sweet and make wonderful pets.
We had a few when our kids were little and they were lots of fun.
The little ones in this week’s project are just as cuddly and the best part? They require no care.
CUDDLY EASTER BUNNY
- Wool in the colours of your choice.
- Felt sheets in the colour of your choice.
- 1 small and one large craft pom pom per bunny
- 2 x googly eyes
- Wrap the wool around your fingers – be sure not to wrap too tightly or it will be hard to get off – until it is quite thick. NOTE: The thicker the wrap, the bigger the head and body will be.
- When you are happy with the thickness, cut the wool and gently slide the wrap off your fingers
- Cut a small length of wool and place it in the hole (where your fingers were) and around the wool, then tie off.
- Cut another small length of wool and tie this around the centre of the entire wrap, so that the hole is gone.
- Use the scissors to cut the folded edges of the wool to form a pom pom. Trim the edges so it is even all around.
- Repeat this process, making a slightly larger pom pom (for the body).
- Glue the smaller pom pom to the top of the larger one.
- Cut the felt into ear shapes (NOTE: I used two different colours of felt and cut one colour smaller for the inside of the ears).
- Glue the ears to the back of the bunny’s head.
- Next, glue the googly eyes to the bunny’s face.
- Glue the larger craft pom pom to the back of the bunny (for the tail) and the smaller craft pom pom to the front of the face (for the nose).
So easy, and yet so adorable. Sure to be a big hit with the little ones.
Want to know what to do with all those wool scraps from trimming the pom poms?
Draw a big bunny on the sheet of paper and have the little ones glue on wool ‘fur’.
I hope you enjoyed this craft. Be sure to share if you did.
Check out my project, How to Make Glamgorgious Easter Eggs.
Follow my Grand Easter Pinterest board for more fun ideas.
Happy crafting, and have a gleeful week, Tamuria.