Recently added item(s)
Welcome to another Wacky Workshops project – a magical moon mobile.
There really is something magical about the moon and the stars and they make the perfect object for a mobile, especially in a kid’s room.
This one is super sweet, ridiculously easy and requires only a few materials, all of which you probably already have.
MAGICAL MOON MOBILE
- Cardboard – the kind that comes from the back of a sketchbook is perfect as it’s large enough and fairly strong but still easy enough to cut.
- Aluminium foil
- Fishing line
- Hole punch
- Star-shaped cookie cutters (optional, you can draw them freehand, but I like using the cutters and if you have a few different sizes it’s even better).
- Draw a simple moon sliver shape on the cardboard. I added a nose and mouth outline for mine.
- Cut it out and decide how many stars to want to attach – I made 7 of varying sizes.
- Trace around the star cookie cutters and cut out your shapes.
- Carefully cover the stars with the foil, securing with glue if necessary.
- Cover the moon shape with foil too, ensuring to keep all the fold joins to one side. If you think it looks too messy when you’re finished you can cover that side with one piece of foil so both sides of your moon will be smooth.
- Use the hole punch to make holes along the bottom arch of the sliver.
- Tie varying lengths of fishing line to these.
- Punch holes in the stars and tie the other end of the fishing line to them.
- Place a hole at the top of your moon sliver and add more fishing line for hanging.
Enjoy sweet dreams under the stars.
I hope you enjoyed this craft. If you did, please share using Facebook or Pinterest buttons.
Read this post for more fabulous fun with foil.
Follow me on Pinterest for more fun craft ideas.
Happy crafting and have a gleeful week, Tamuria.