Welcome to another Wacky Workshops project, a Mother’s Day paint project you are sure to find addictive.
Of course, you can do this project at any time, but it’s fantastic to make beautiful handmade cards or even a lovely landscape painting.
And you don’t even have to consider yourself a great painter to get stunning results.
MOTHER’S DAY PAINT PROJECT
FIELD OF FLOWERS
- Thin cardboard sheet
- Coloured pencils/paints/crayons
- Fold your cardboard sheet in half to form a card and then place it on your workspace with the fold at the top.
- You can use paint or crayons or pencils to colour the background. I’m too impatient to wait for the paint to dry so opted for watercolour crayons, as I love the effect they make when smudged. They can be a little messy to use, so have a cloth ready to keep your hands clean.
- Colour the top half of your card with blue and the bottom half with green.
- Use another sheet of paper to cover your blue sky so it is protected from the paint spatters.
- Load a thin paintbrush with green paint, then dip it into the water to make it extra runny. NOTE: The technique is easier with a thinner brush.
- Hold the brush over the card and gently tap it so the watered paint spatters onto your card.
- Continue doing this until you have built up a great, ‘grassy’, background. NOTE: Don’t be too concerned if you end up with a few blobs of paint on your work. They are easily fixed by dragging the pointed end of a paintbrush through, so you are creating ‘stalks’.
- Now load your paint with yellow or a different shade of green and repeat the process.
- When you are happy with your grassy effect, repeat the process using bright colours such as red and orange.
- Continue adding new colours until you are happy with your artwork. You can dip your little finger or the end of a paintbrush in some paint to create larger flowers.
- Experiment with colours and have fun.
I’m sure you will find this project so easy and relaxing you will want to do more than one.
Looking for more fun Mother’s Day crafts? Check out How to Make Mum Smile with These Pretty Picture Planters and How to Make an Amazing 3D card for Mum.
For tons of fun ideas check out my Grand Mother’s Day board on Pinterest.
Happy crafting and have a gleeful week, Tamuria.